Academic success of your child
Although technology and our method of learning give your child full freedom to choose the hours and places of study, it is very important to establish routines and study habits with which a mechanism and structure of learning will be built.
What are habits and routines to academic success of your children?
- Routine is a personal habit established by convenience and that does not allow modification, that is, it is inflexible; For example, hang the robe on the hanger before leaving class.
- The habit is a stable mechanism that creates skills and that we can also use for different situations: for example, fasten. According to Antonia Fernández Gutiérrez “They are customs, attitudes, behaviors or behaviors that involve behavioral patterns and learning.
- Well-acquired and used habit allows us to face everyday events “
- Habits and routines provide a very important mechanism of constancy and regularity and, therefore, they are fundamental for both family and school life.
- Generate routines and habits from an early age in different planes of life, will help your child to locate, gain security and confidence in themselves and in relation to their environment.
- Help your child to generate good study habits to make his English language learning process even easier with our Open English Junior course.
- The first thing you should do is adapt the study space, this should be nice and comfortable for him / her.
A study plan: Since your child is also attending school and probably following artistic and / or sports activities in parallel, this is the first habit that will help you maintain balance and determine priorities, decreasing your anxiety and following a order.
Rest periods: Just like you, children are also exhausted. It is essential that they understand the importance of active breaks in which after certain periods of time, they must change activity to refresh their mind and thus refocus on their subject of study.
Ask everything that is necessary: Your child is learning, and one of the great benefits offered by our English course for children online is our online classes with American teachers, in small groups of students; This means that children are actively involved in the class and can ask and clarify each and every one of the doubts that arise during the process.
Track your progress and learn from mistakes: Realizing how far you have progressed is an immediate motivator to move forward. Detecting their mistakes is the way to analyze them and work on them, in this way correct them without falling back into them.
Practice: They say that practice makes the teacher. In English it is said – “Practice makes perfect”, something like that practice leads you to perfection. When you are learning a new language, the practice becomes an immense percentage of success in this process.
Believe it or not: the following have a direct and very important relationship with your progress:
Sleep well and at set times: When you rest properly, the brain assimilates what has been learned during the day.
Follow a balanced diet: As with the previous habit, the diet is directly related to the state of health.
Remember that study habits, routines and study techniques are personal. Help your child to define those that are most convenient and best suited to their personality, activities and goals.